4/30/13

Portland Childbirth Photographer | Twins!

I missed yet another birth, due to an emergency c-section taking place before I arrived at the hospital. We had gotten the approval for me to be in the operating room with these twins for their scheduled c-section, but Mom's water broke a few weeks early and they took her back for an emergency cesarean about two minutes before I arrived. TWO MINUTES!









Waiting for news...







Dad finally came out with the news that one baby was in the NICU with breathing problems and that the other was with mom. 


I was allowed to go into the NICU to photography one of the two boys.
He was surprisingly plump (nearly 7 pounds) with chubby 
cheeks and my goodness was he cute!!











Shortly after the NICU visit, I was allowed to visit mom and the other baby boy in recovery. I felt a little guilty, as the rest of the family had to wait, but hey, I had a job to do! 

And what do you know...ANOTHER adorable baby!









After some more waiting, Mom was moved to her own room and family was allowed to see her and meet the other baby (they'd already gotten to visit the NICU).



Sisters/Aunts...




 Grandparents...




Look at how big the two sisters/aunts are smiling!






Grandma checking out the little guy...




Another grandma...





Grandpa...





Yawn...






Swooning...






Aunt & Uncle.




More swooning by an aunt...




Did I mention that these babies were born on my husband's birthday? 
Yep!
He was even born at the SAME hospital (as was one of our babies).
If you are interested in having your childbirth experience documented, please contact me at kel@kelwardphotography.com. I offer coverage for births in hospitals, birthing centers, at home, and even cesarean births. 






2 comments:

Would you like to leave a comment?